our Prosecco Superiore
Broccoli Cream Soup
For the Vegetable Broth:
- 1 celery stalk, chopped in 3-4 inch pieces
- 1 carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped in 2-3 inch pieces
- 1 onion, whole
- Salt to taste
For the Broccoli Cream:
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 heads broccoli (about 35 ounces), chopped
- 1.5 cups potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- Olive oil
- Fresh bread, cut into 1/2 inch pieces and toasted
- Fresh parsley
Prepare a vegetable broth by adding celery, carrots, onion and salt to water. Bring to a boil and simmer for about one hour.
In a separate pan, heat oil and sauté the chopped shallots until tender.
Add potatoes and broccoli. Sauté until vegetables are tender.
Add everything to the broth and cook until well heated and vegetables are soft.
To make croutons, spread bread on a baking sheet and drizzle olive oil generously. Toast in the oven under the broiler for about a minute or until crispy.
In a blender, add the broth and puree until frothy.
Ladle into serving bowls. Garnish with croutons and fresh parsley.