our Pinot Grigio
Vegetable Pasta with Burrata and Green Peas
- 4 tbsp parmesan, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 cups pine nuts
- Olive oil
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- Zest from 1 lemon
- ½ cup peas, shelled
- 3 cups short pasta (like Casarecce)
- 1 ball of burrata
- Use a pestle and mortar to finely crush the parmesan and pine nuts.
- Add the oil, basil, salt, and pepper. Continue crushing.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pot over high heat. Add the onions and cook. When translucent, add the shelled peas and season with salt. Sauté for 10 minutes.
- Fill a pot with water and bring it to a boil. Add the salt and pasta and cook as the package directs. Drain.
- Add the pasta and peas to a bowl with a few tablespoons of pesto and lemon zest. Toss to mix.
- Add the pasta to a serving dish and top it with the burrata. Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with a basil leaf.